>> High Capacity Production Facility
High Capacity Production
High Capacity Production Facility: Multiple Processing Tanks,
Automatic Feed Pumps, Backup Pumps / Rectifiers, Overhead Cranes,
Minimize Down Time, Electrostatic Wet Paint
Superior Metal Technologies has
been in business since 1936, only six years or so after the process of
anodizing aluminum began in 1930. Our state-of-the-art production facilities
in Indianapolis Indiana have
recently been updated and upgraded, providing increased production
capacities to an even broader range of businesses and industries.
High Capacity Production Facilities: A Closer Look
Our 100,000 square foot facility is strategically located on 11 acres with access to major interstate highways.
To visit our plant, take Highway 70 east of downtown Indianapolis, to Post Road north,
then east on 30th Street to our offices.
SMT Transport pick up and
service operates weekdays from 8am to 6pm, although special arrangements
can be made by calling 317 897 9850 ext. 0-110-126, or 136.
Some of the keynote features of our new facilities include:
- Three new processing tanks
- Part sizes up to 33' long X 5' deep X 30" wide for anodizing or painting.
- Multiple anodizing
tanks on the production line prevent slowdowns due to tank or
- Automatic feed pumps for all
chemicals. Insures coating quality
- To meet ISO standards, we have added backup pumps and
rectifiers to ensure a consistently high quality end product
- Three overhead cranes provide:
- Redundancy to minimize down-time
- The capability to handle virtually any size project
- Painting facilities offer fully automated "bells"
- Spray heads for electrostatic wet paint only apply paint when metal surfaces are detected by an electric
- Conserves paint, more efficient and economical
- Rack-making department provides specialized tooling,
- Enables us, using our trade-secret proprietary process, to “throw” the hardcoating in long
lineal lengths down the internal bores of components, such as air
cylinders and hydraulic cylinders
- Coats cylinder openings as small as 7/8“ inside
Superior was certified to the Japanese Industrial
Specifications (JIS) for a major Japanese manufacturer to
produce parts for mass transit windows. Our rigorous quality control
standards have made us qualified for ISO 9001:2000 certification.
For more information about SMT's quality practices, read